Domestic Admission to Master's Degree at KU
This Master’s degree in special education with an emphasis in early childhood unified is available both at the KU Main Campus in Lawrence, Kansas and at the KU Edwards Campus in the greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
Select the Education drop down and navigate to Special Education MSE: Early Childhood Unified program. International applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application process well in advance of the application deadlines in order to ensure adequate time for processing of visa-related paperwork. Please note that KU does not accept paper applications for admission. The online application is designed to give you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form.
Domestic Application Requirements
Admission requires a bachelor’s degree and a grade-point average (GPA) of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited institution, like KU, or a foreign university with substantially equivalent bachelor’s degree requirements. It is important for applicants to realize that the application indicators are not the sole determinants of admission to the Master's degree in Special Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood Unified. Meeting the GPA minimum standards for regular admission does not ensure a recommendation for admission. Other factors considered by the committee include:
- Strength of the letter of application;
- Strength of the letters of recommendation;
- Quality of previous experience and background in special education or a closely related discipline;
- Availability of an appropriate advisor in the applicant's identified area of emphasis; and
- The fit between the applicant's professional and graduate program goals and the purpose and mission of the KU